League Training: Municipal Grant Writing 101
Everything you need to know about finding and writing grants for your community!
When: Wednesday, February 20
Location: League of Arizona Cities and Towns, Room 101
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (with working lunch)
Get answers about everything grants by spending an informative day with one of the Arizona League of Cities and Towns long-time grants-related instructors.
What will you learn?
- Understanding the types of grants
- Familiarizing yourself with grant terminology
- Researching government grants (Arizona and federal)
- Researching Arizona foundation/corporate grants
- Using a go/no-go grant request assessment to eliminate wasted time and money
- Preparing for grant submission processes
- Knowing the documents funders request from grant applicants
- Preparing municipal staff for grant seeking
- Planning ahead for matching funds grant requests
- Budgeting for internal and contract grant writers
- Meeting governing body line of accountability requirements for grant applications
- Signing grant award contracts and agreements
- Acknowledging the types of funders that need formal documents of appreciation
- Knowing post-award reporting requirements
- Planning and plotting your calendars for grant close-out reporting
There will be lots of time for questions and answers throughout the workshop.
What’s included in your registration?
- Grant Writing for Dummies textbook (320 pages of everything you've always wanted to know about grants)
- Tabbed notebook with resource files to assist you with effective grant seeking and grant writing
Who: Dr. Beverly Browning ("Dr. Bev")
Dr. Beverly Browning (Dr. Bev) has been securing grants and contract awards for her clients for 43 years. She has secured over $450 million for municipal government and nonprofit organizations and is the author of 43 grants-related books.
Cost: $120 (materials and lunch are included).
Those attendees present for the full workshop will have a chance to win a Chromebook computer.
Registration: To register for the Grants Training, click here.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 602-258-5786.